Thursday 16 July 2015

Totoro


Totoro is a character from a Japanese animated fantasy film written by Hayao Miyazaki and published in 1988.  Totoro is a giant creature who lives in the woods and only children with pure heart will be able to see him and his friends.

He loves acorn and is usually characterized with a bag of acorn on his back and a lotus leaf on his head to protect him from the rain. The black tiny balls with two big eyes hanging above him is the Soot Sprite in the movie. I combined the Soot Sprite with grey pearls to add on decoration on the key chain.


He is one of my favourite childhood character and I also love the supporting music composed by Hisaishi Joe, my all time favourite composer.



I add on a black velvet ribbon to sweeten it up


This is actually the third order from a lovely repeat customer who is now residing in Melbourne, Australia. Her first order was Lala Loopsy necklace as goodie bags for her daughter's birthday. The second order was 3D graduation frames for her daughter and her friends when they were graduating from kindergarten here in Indonesia last year (before she relocated to Australia soon after that).

Sorry for the picture quality, it was taken last year using my phone

Her daughter, Mio is the one on the bottom left. Again sorry for the poor quality picture taken using my phone.


To be honest, my Totoro didn't turn out that nice just with one attempt. Eventhough I have been crafting clay for years, but I am still a human who needs to keep learning and updating my skill to create better work. I will share a picture of my first attempt. I was very disappointed with it though. I made it way toooooo slim and the grey color was too light. It was kinda funny..lol


If you would like to make an order, you can just email me, because I don't post everything on etsy especially a custom order work, which has no ready stock.

That's all about my Totoro post. Have a nice day!

Instagram : taccraft
Etsy : TacCraft
Email : taccraft@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment